The IOMP is pleased to announce the Harold Johns Medal for 2022. This award is established in honour of Harold E. Johns (1915 – 1998), an eminent medical physicist. It recognises scientists who have distinguished themselves by their contributions through excellence in teaching and contributions to international education.
The Harold Johns Medal will be given at the IUPESM World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering 2022 in Singapore, 12 – 17 June 2022.
This award consists of an IOMP Medal, modest travel funds to attend the IUPESM WC 2022 and additionally a short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter “Medical Physics World”.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient should have demonstrated excellence in teaching and provided an outstanding contribution to international education and training in medical physics.
- The nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honors Committee or the IOMP ExCom.
- The award will be advertised on the IOMP mailing list and website.
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
- Nominations can be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or individuals through their NMO. Where this is not possible, nominations should be made directly to the Chair of the AHC.
- The nomination should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words summarizing the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- A Curriculum Vitae and professional contributions to Medical Physics organizations and a copy of the five most important publications.
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st November 2021. Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If no acknowledgement is received within one week please contact Dr. Simone or the Secretary General of the IOMP at email@example.com.
The winners will be announced in December 2021.