The IOMP is pleased to announce the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Award. This award is established to honour scientists who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to the education and training of medical physicists, medical students, medical residents, and allied health personnel, advancement of medical physics knowledge and advancement of the medical physics profession.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Award will be given at the IUPESM World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering 2022 in Singapore, 12 – 17 June 2022.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Award consists of a bronze plaque, modest travel funds to attend the IUPESM WC 2022 and additionally a short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter “Medical Physics World”.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient should have made an outstanding contribution to education and training in medical physics, or
- The recipient should have published independent original research of high scientific quality and impact in medical physics in the past three years, or
- The recipient should have provided a significant contribution to Medical Physics profession in the IOMP or affiliated national and international organizations.
- The nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honors Committee or the IOMP ExCom.
- The award will be advertised on the IOMP mailing list and website.
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
- Nominations can be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or individuals through their NMO. Where this is not possible, nominations should be made directly to the Chair of the AHC.
- The nomination should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words summarizing the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- Curriculum Vitae including professional contributions to Medical Physics organizations and a copy of the five most important publications.
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) at email@example.com by 21st November 2021. Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If no acknowledgement is received within 3 working days please contact Dr. Simone or the Secretary General of the IOMP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be announced in December 2021.