The IOMP is pleased to announce the IUPESM Award of Merit in Medical Physics 2022. IUPESM honours with its Awards of Merit a medical physicist and a biomedical engineer who have established distinguished careers in their field. The IOMP Awards and Honours Committee is delighted to act as the IOMP Sub-committee. The Awards Committee is responsible for the selection of the medical physicist to be recommended to IUPESM for consideration of the award. The IUPESM Award of Merit in Medical Physics 2022 will be presented at the IUPESM World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering 2022 in Singapore, 12 – 17 June 2022.
The Award will include the IOMP certificate, travel funds to attend the IUPESM WC 2022 and the opportunity to make a presentation on the awardee’s scientific and professional contributions to medical physics. In addition, a short biography of the awardee will be published in “Medical Physics World”.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient should have made a significant impact in the science and scientific practice of medical physics
- The recipient should have participated meritoriously in national and international organizations for medical physics and have significantly influenced the development of the profession of medical physics.
- The award may be received only one time by any individual.
- Nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honours Committee or the IOMP ExCom.
- The award will be advertised by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) on the organization’s website: http://www.iomp.org
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations can be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or individuals through their NMO. Where this is not possible, applications should be made directly to the Chair of the AHC. They should include the following:
- Curriculum vitae, not exceeding two pages and a copy of the five most important publications. A one-page write-up of the significant contributions made in relation to the criteria stated above.
The closing date for nominations is noon (EST) on 21st November 2021. Nominations should be sent to Dr Simone Kodlulovich Renha at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be in the form of a MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If no acknowledgement is received within one week please contact Dr Renha or the Secretary General of the IOMP at email@example.com. The winner will be announced in December 2021.