In 2013, the International Organisation for Medical Physics (IOMP) established the category of Fellow of IOMP (FIOMP). This honour aims to recognise significant activities for the international development of medical physics.
The award consists of a certificate and a pin and it bestows to the awardees the right to use the designation FIOMP after their names. The recipients will be notified of the award on 10 October 2023. The award will be presented during the International Conference on Medical Physics – 2023 (ICMP-2023). A short article on each new fellow will be published in Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- Fellowship will be awarded to persons who have made outstanding contributions to IOMP and its regional organisations over a significant period of time.
- Other achievements in medical physics would not be considered as the primary reason for this honour, but could influence its consideration.
- Potential fellows must be nominated to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours committee via the following link (https://forms.gle/C4hckuLB281Gu7og9 ) by Officers and Committee Chairs/Members of IOMP and its Regional Organisations and National Members.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Submission should be made in English.
- Nomination deadline: 12 July 2023
The nomination should include the following documents (in PDF):
Important note: Please label the files using the nominee’s name and according to the format described below.
- A cover letter from the Nominator. (Label the file as 01_LastName_FirstName_cover letter).
- A brief CV of the nominee (2 pages maximum). (Label the file as 02_LastName_FirstName_CV).
- An assessment based on the points system defined in the FIOMP Form, available in IOMP webpage. Link here: (https://www.iomp.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/fellow-of-iomp-guidelines.pdf ). (Label the file as 03_LastName_FirstName_FIOMP form).
- A statement outlining the contributions and services the nominee has made to IOMP and its Regional Organisations. (Label the file as 04_LastName_FirstName_contribution statement).
- Any other supporting documentation as deemed necessary. A list of potential referees who know the nominee could be useful but is not required. (Label the file as 05_LastName_FirstName_supporting document1. Additional supporting documents can be labeled with 05a_ LastName_FirstName_supporting document2) and so forth.
- An email of support from one additional Officer or Committee Chair of IOMP or its Regional Organisations and National Members. (Label the file as 06_LastName_FirstName_support email).
More info about the Award: https://www.iomp.org/ah-information/