The IOMP is pleased to announce the 2023 IOMP Honorary Membership MIOMP (Hon) award. This award aims to recognise significant contributions to the objectives of the IOMP by persons who are not practising Medical Physicists themselves.
The award comprises an IOMP Certificate and the permission to use the designation MIOMP(Hon) after their name. The recipients will be notified of the award on 10 October 2023. The award will be given at the President’s Reception at the World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (WC) or the International Conference on Medical Physics (ICMP). The award will be announced in eMedical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- High professional stature
- Exhibits strong public support of the profession of medical physics
- Significant contributions to IOMP’s objectives, which are:
- To organize international cooperation in medical physics and to promote communication and joint event with medical physicist and physician from different areas such as radiologists, nuclear medicine physician and oncologist/radiotherapeutic.
- To contribute to the advancement of medical physics in all its aspects, especially in developing countries.
- To advise on the formation of national organizations of medical physics in those countries which lack such organizations, and also the possible formation of national committees in those countries where there is more than one medical physics organization.
- The nominee is not practicing as a medical physicist
- Nominations must be made by officers of IOMP and IOMP council members. Self-nominations will not be considered. The nomination must be made to the Chairperson of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee via the following link (https://forms.gle/TTACZHiGAtxjkxKE8 ) and include a concise justification for the award.
- The nomination will be tabled in the Awards and Honours Committee and a recommendation submitted to the IOMP executive for consideration.
- Submission should be made in English.
Nomination deadline: 12 July 2023
More info about the Award: https://www.iomp.org/ah-information/