The IOMP is pleased to announce the John Mallard Award 2023. The award will honour a medical physicist who has developed an innovation of high scientific quality and who has successfully applied this innovation to clinical practice (e.g., equipment, software, methodology), or who has led a medical physics innovation team. This Award is given triennially at the IOMP International Conference on Medical Physics. The John Mallard Award 2023 will be presented at the 25th International Conference on Medical Physics (ICMP), 44th Annual Conference of AMPI (AMPICON-2023), 23rd Asia Oceania Congress on Medical Physics (AOCMP-2023) and International South-East Asian Congress on Medical Physics 2023 (ISEACOMP 2023), which will be held on 6-9th December 2023 in Mumbai, India.
Deadline of nomination is: 12 July 2023
The award consists of an IOMP plaque, presented at the ICMP. A short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient should be a medical physicist working in academia, clinical practice, or industry, or the leader of a team in such an environment.
- Evidence of technological innovation will include peer-reviewed publications, commercialization of a device or product, and availability in clinical practice of the technology. Nominations must include such evidence in the form of one or more supporting letters as well as copies of publications.
- The award will be advertised widely on the IOMP mailing list and website and through regional medical physics organisations.
- Nominations can be made by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO), by an IOMP committee chair, or by an IOMP officer. Nominations must be supported by a letter from the hospital or other community health care facility where the innovation has been successfully applied in clinical practice. Self-nominations are not accepted. The chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) is not eligible to nominate. No member of the IOMP ExCom can be nominated.
- Submission should be made in English.
- Nominations are to be made to the Chair of the IOMP AHC via this link: https://forms.gle/GKEwLzsYWUyduHas8
The nomination should include the following documents (in PDF):
(Important note: Please label the files using the nominee’s name and according to the format described below)
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized. (Label the file as 01_LastName_FirstName_supporting letter)
- A Curriculum Vita of the Nominee (including all publications). (Label the file as 02_LastName_FirstName_CV)
- In case of a team – the full names and affiliations of the team members. (Label the file as 03_LastName_FirstName_Team members)
More info about the Award: https://www.iomp.org/ah-information/