The IOMP is pleased to seek nominations for the IDMP Award. This award recognises excellence in Medical Physics with a particular view of promoting medical physics to a larger audience and highlighting the contributions medical physicists make for patient care. The IDMP Award is linked to the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) from which it takes its name. The 2019 IDMP theme is “It’s a Medical Physics World!”
The 2019 IDMP Award will be given on the occasion of the celebration of the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) and will be announced on November 5, 2019.
The IDMP Award consists of an IOMP certificate, and additionally a short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
• The recipient of the award should be a professional medical physicist holding a master’s or higher degree or equivalent, who is an active member of the relevant Medical Physics society.
• The recipient should have taken active part in promoting medical physics, nationally or internationally.
• The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of high scientific quality or made a significant professional contribution to Medical Physics in the past three years.
• It may be noted that only deserving candidates will be selected. If no one meets the requirements from the region, no award will be given.
• The award will be widely advertised on the IOMP mailing list and website.
• The President of each IOMP Regional Organisation is kindly requested to nominate three medical physicists from her/his respective region. The Presidents of AAPM and COMP are kindly requested to nominate jointly three medical physicists from the North American region. Nominees should be full members of an IOMP National Member Organization (NMO).
• Self-nomination will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• Nominations are to be made to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC)
• The nomination should include the following:
1. A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
2. A Curriculum Vita including all publications and professional contributions to Medical Physics organizations.
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2019. Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr. Simone or the Secretary General of the IOMP at email@example.com.
One medical physicist from the three nominations per region will be selected by the AHC to receive the award.
The winners will be announced on November 5, 2019.