In 2013 the International Organisation for Medical Physics (IOMP) has established the category of Fellow of IOMP (FIOMP). This honour aims to recognise significant activities for the international development of medical physics.
The award consists of a certificate and a pin and it bestows the right to use the designation FIOMP after their names to the awardees. A short article on each new fellow will be published in Medical Physics World
Criteria for selection:
- Fellowship will be awarded to persons who have made outstanding contributions to IOMP and its regional organisations over a significant period of time.
- Other achievements in medical physics would not be considered as primary reason for this honour.
- Potential fellows can be nominated to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours committee by Officers and Committee Chairs/Members of IOMP and its Regional Organisations.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
The nomination should include the following:
- A cover letter from the Nominator
- A brief CV of the nominee (2 pages maximum)
- The FIOMP Form (points system) available in IOMP webpage
- A statement outlining the contributions and services the nominee has made to IOMP and its Regional Organisations
- Any other supporting documentation as deemed necessary. A list of potential referees who know the nominee could be useful but is not required.
- An email of support from one additional Officer or Committee Chair of IOMP or its Regional Organisations.
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, chair of the AHC at email@example.com and to the Secretary General of the IOMP at firstname.lastname@example.org. by 29 October 2021. Submissions should be in the form of MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr. Renha or the Secretary General of the IOMP. The new Fellows will be announced on 22 November 2021.