Engaging Patients for Medical Radiation Safety
18 September 2023, 13:00 -14:30 (CEST)
Sign up for the event here
Co-organizers: ICRP, IOMP, ISR, ISRRT, RAD-AID, WFNMB, WHO
WPSD 2023 Theme: “Engaging patients for patient safety”
Format: Panel discussions (no presentations in the sessions)
Chair: WHO representative
- Bibb ALLEN (ISR)
- Kimberley APPLEGATE (ICRP)
- John DAMILAKIS (IOMP)
- Guy FRIJA (ISR)
- Donald FRUSH (ISR)
- MAC GINTY (ISR)
- Irena PAPIEVA (WHO)
- Suz SCHRANDT (Patient representative)
- Chek-Wee TAN (ISRRT)
- Jean-Pierre TASU (ISR)
- Mary WEATHERALL (RAD-AID)
- TBC (WFNMB)
- Raise global awareness of the need for active engagement of patients and their families and caregivers in all settings and at all levels of health care to improve patient safety.
- Engage policy-makers, health care leaders, health and care workers, patients’ organizations, civil society and other stakeholders in efforts to engage patients and families in the policies and practices for safe health care.
- Empower patients and families to be actively involved in their own health care and in the improvement of safety of health care.
- Advocate urgent action on patient and family engagement, aligned with the Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021–2030, to be taken by all partners.