- Call for applications for the 3rd WHO Model List of Essential in vitro diagnostic (EDL)
Application period now open for the WHO Model List of Essential In Vitro Diagnostics List 3rd Edition (2020).
The goal is to add more in vitro diagnostic tests:
- additional tests for the diagnosis and management of noncommunicable diseases;
- a section on endocrinology;
- additional general IVDs, including for coagulation, platelet aggregation, bleeding time, whole blood clotting time and clot retraction time;
- tests for antimicrobial resistance;
- additional tests for the diagnosis and management of neglected tropical diseases; and
- additional tests for emergencies and outbreaks.
Deadline for submissions is 8th September 2019. Only complete applications will be accepted.
Submitters are requested to read the Procedure to update the WHO Model List of Essential In Vitro Diagnostics (EDL) and the Guide to the preparation of submissions for test categories in the EDL, which will help submitters to ensure that complete information is presented in their submissions.
Please see more information for submissions
- WHO is recruiting: Post for Digital Health
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Closing Date: Sep 3, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Other positions : https://www.who.int/careers/en/
More information on Digital Health at WHO https://www.who.int/health-topics/digital-health/#tab=overview
- WHO Internship Programme 2020
Further to the WHA71.13 resolution Reform of the global internship programme adopted in May 2018, and as described in the Human Resources annual report presented at the 72th WHA, WHO will provide stipends to all interns who need support as of January 2020.
1st September – 15th October 2019: All internship positions starting between January and June 2020 will be posted as individual advertised vacancies specific to the needs of the technical units and advertised on the WHO Careers web pages under the Global Internship Programme section. Any student who has not applied before the 15th October will not be considered for the January – June 2020 internship period.
- Global Report on Assistive Technology (GReAT) Consultation
The GReAT Consultation 2019 will be held in Geneva on 22 and 23 August 2019 and will bring academics, practitioners, policy makers, and assistive technology users together to guide the content development of the Global Report. A call for contributions to the 2-day programme closed on 10 April. A total of 122 abstracts were submitted, and 85 contributions have been accepted for presentation at the Consultation.
Please see more information here.
- Non WHO Meetings
2-5 October 2019, Cancun, Mexico, 42th #CNIB19 National Conference of Biomedical Engineering
21-22 October 2019, Rome, Italy, International Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management Congress 2019
Phase 2 registration deadline: 31st August 2019