The IOMP is pleased to announce the John Mallard Award. The award will honour a medical physicist who has developed an innovation of high scientific quality and who has successfully applied this innovation in clinical practice (e.g. equipment, software, methodology), or who has led a team developing this innovation. This Award is given triennially at the IOMP International Conference on Medical Physics. The John Mallard Award will be presented at the 24th International Conference on Medical Physics (ICMP), 8th Latin American Congress of Medical Physics and 2nd Chilean Congress of Medical Physics, which will be held on 8-11th September 2019 in Santiago, Chile.
The award consists of an IOMP plaque, presented at the ICMP. A short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient should be a medical physicist working in academia, clinical practice, or industry, or the leader of a team in such an environment.
- Evidence of technological innovation will include peer-reviewed publications, commercialization of a device or product, and availability in clinical practice of the technology. Nominations must include such evidence in the form of one or more supporting letters as well as copies of publications.
- The award will be advertised widely on the IOMP mailing list and website and through regional medical physics organisations.
- Nominations can be made by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO), by an IOMP committee chair, or by an IOMP officer. Nominations must be supported by a letter from the hospital or other community health care facility where the innovation has been successfully applied in clinical practice. Self-nominations are not accepted. The chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) is not eligible to nominate.
- Nominations are to be made to the Chair of the IOMP AHC.
- The nomination should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- A Curriculum Vita of the Nominee (including all publications).
- In case of a Team – the full names and affiliations of the team members
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, chair of the AHC at email@example.com and to the Secretary General of the IOMP at firstname.lastname@example.org. by 7th April 2019. Submissions should be in the form of MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr. Renha or the Secretary General of the IOMP.