The IOMP is pleased to announce that the IUPAP Award Young Scientist Award will be presented at the International Conference on Medical Physics that will be held in Porto Alegre, Brazil 17-20 April 2011.
This award is established and funded by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) and awarded by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) as the IUPAP affiliated International Commission for Medical Physics/
* The Award will be $1000 plus an IUPAP medal
Criteria for selection:
• The recipient of the award should have a maximum of 8 years research experiences (not including maternity leave) following Ph.D. on January 1 of 2011
• The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of outstanding scientific quality in medical physics.
• Preference will be given to young medical physicists from developing countries.
• The award may only be received one time by any individual
• The award will be advertised by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) on the organization’s website.
• Self-nomination will not be considered.
• Nominations are to be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honors Committee and should include the followings:
• A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
• A Curriculum Vita including all publications.
• A brief biographical sketch.
The closing date for nominations is noon (EST) on 1 March 2011. Nominations should be sent to Dr G. Donald Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be the form of a single MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr Frey
The winner will be announced 20 March 2011.