The IOMP is pleased to announce the IUPAP Young Scientist Award 2018. This award was established and funded by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) and awarded by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) as the IUPAP affiliated International Commission for Medical Physics. The IUPAP Young Scientist Awardee for 2018 will be presented at the 24th International Conference on Medical Physics (ICMP), 8th Latin American Congress of Medical Physics and 2nd Chilean Congress of Medical Physics, which will be held on 8-11th September, 2019 in Santiago, Chile.
The award will include a cash prize of 1500 USD, an IUPAP medal and the IOMP certificate. In addition, a short biography of the awardee will be published in Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
· The recipient of the award should be less than 40 years of age as of 31 December 2018 and should have up to 5 years of research/development experience in medical physics.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of outstanding scientific quality in medical physics. The committee may consider the achievements in the context of opportunity.
- The award may only be received one time by any individual.
- The award will be advertised by the IOMP on the organization’s website: http://www.iomp.org
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
- Nominations can be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honors Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or individuals through their NMO. Where this is not possible applications should be made directly to the Chair of the AHC. They should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- One letter of support (not to exceed three pages) from someone not at the nominee’s institution and not a mentor or significant collaborator
- A Curriculum Vitae including publications during the last 5 years, not to exceed two pages.
- List of 5 of the candidate’s most significant publications, including citation information, not to exceed one page.
The closing date for nominations is noon (EST) on 11 February 2019. Nominations should be sent to Dr Simone Kodlulovich Renha at email@example.com. Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr Simone or the secretary of the IOMP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be announced on 4 March 2019.
 The Award does not include any travel or conference expenses for the recipient.