The IOMP is pleased to announce the IUPAP Young Scientist Award 2021. This award was established and funded by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) and is awarded by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) as the IUPAP affiliated International Commission for Medical Physics.
The Award will include a cash prize of 1000 Euro, an IUPAP medal and the IOMP certificate. In addition, a short biography of the Awardee will be published in Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient of the award should be under 40 years of age as of 31 December 2021* and have completed 5 years of research or development in medical physics.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of outstanding scientific quality in medical physics. The committee may consider the achievements in the context of opportunity.
- The award may only be received one time by any individual.
- Nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honors Committee or the IOMP Executive Committee.
*Under exceptional circumstances the age limit can be extended. Please contact the chair of the AHC if you would like to discuss this.
- The award will be advertised by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) on the organization’s website: http://www.iomp.org
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
- Nominations must be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honors Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or by individuals through their NMO. In exceptional circumstances (e.g., from countries where no NMO exists) individuals can nominate a colleague directly. It is recommended that the nominating person checks with the IOMP AHC prior to submitting such a nomination.
- All nominations should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- One letter of support (up to a maximum of three pages) from someone not at the nominee’s institution and not a mentor or significant collaborator.
- The IOMP award form (available on IOMP website) filled out by the candidate (https://www.iomp.org/call-for-nominations/).
The closing date for nominations is noon (EST) on 26 July 2021. Nominations should be sent to Dr Simone Kodlulovich Renha at email@example.com with a copy to the secretary of the IOMP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr Simone and the secretary of the IOMP.
The winner will be announced on August 23, 2021.
 The Award does not include any travel or conference expenses for the recipient.