1. The goals of the program are:
a. To assist medical physicists from IOMP member organizations in developing countries to participate in the 2019 International Conference on Medical Physics (ICMP2019) http://www.icmp2019.org
b. To help them become more effective in promoting the advancement of medical physics in their own countries.
c. To foster international co-operation in the field of medical physics between all member countries of the lOMP.
2. An award of up to US$ 1,000, depending on travel distance shall be made to each successful applicant to partially cover the registration fee and travel expenses to attend the ICMP2019 in Santiago, the capital of Chile.
3. To be considered for the award, please download the form: “IOMP TRAVEL ASSISTANCE to ICMP2019-APPLICATION-May 2019_Edits1” and submit the application following the instructions.
4. Note: In the past, IAEA has provided full or partial support to some applicants who satisfied the specific requirements of the Agency.
GUIDELINES FOR FUNDING
Candidates who comply with all the mandatory requirements shall be assessed and scored according to the evaluation criteria shown below.
A. Mandatory Requirements
1. The applicant must be a medical physicist from an IOMP National Member Organization (NMO).
2. Application must be submitted through the IOMP national organization by email, or counter signed by a NMO officer.
3. The National organization must have paid the 2019 IOMP membership dues or be exempted from payment and should not have defaults in payments.
4. Except for certain underserved regions, the applicant must personally give a presentation for which he/she is a first author.
5. Maximum number of IOMP travel assistance awards is determined based on the medical physicist population of the country on record. For example, if a country has two IOMP delegates, the maximum number of awards available for that country is two.
6. To receive an IOMP award, the applicant must have not received any previous World Congress or ICMP Travel Assistance.
7. After the Congress each awardee shall, within two months, submit a short report to the IOMP Secretary-General on what was accomplished, personally and on behalf of the national organization, with copies to the same email addresses used for the application, and to the National Organization official.
B. Evaluation Criteria
1. Abstract(s) accepted for presentation at ICMP2019. The committee shall get quality assessment scores from Science Committee of the ICMP2019
2. Physicists from the lowest income countries (where the applicant works) will be given higher priority.
3. Physicists in the first five years of their career may be given higher priority.
4. Value of attending ICMP 2019 for applicant and national organization as judged by descriptions put forward by the applicant under the Motivation section.
5. If the applicant is, or has been, invited to give special presentations in ICMP2019, she/he may be given special considerations.
C. Number of Awards
1. The number of travel awards for ICMP2019 is yet to be determined but is expected to be around 10.
For information about the ICMP2019 to be held in Santiago, Chile, please go to http://www.icmp2019.org