The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will hold the International Conference on Safety and Security of Radioactive Sources: Accomplishments and Future Endeavours at its Headquarters in Vienna, Austria, from 20 to 24 June 2022.
The purpose of the event is to foster the exchange of experiences and anticipated future developments related to establishing and maintaining a high level of safety and security of radioactive sources throughout their life cycle.
Consistent with the objectives set out above, the overall themes for the conference will be:
* Enhancing safety and security of radioactive sources from cradle to grave;
* Facilitating collaboration among national stakeholders and leveraging existing capabilities for keeping radioactive sources under regulatory control;
* Managing radiological incidents and emergencies involving radioactive sources, including situations with perceived radiological hazard;
* Promoting international cooperation to strengthen safety and security of radioactive sources globally;
* Strengthening sustainability and effectiveness of national regimes for the safety and security of radioactive sources, including sustainability and resilience in unplanned situations (e.g., pandemics and natural disasters)