The IOMP is pleased to seek nominations for the IDMP Award. This award recognises excellence in Medical Physics with a particular view of promoting medical physics to a larger audience and highlighting the contributions medical physicists make for patient care. The IDMP Award is linked to the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) from which it takes its name. The 2022 IDMP theme is “Medical Physics for Sustainable Healthcare”.
The 2022 IDMP Award will be given on the occasion of the celebration of the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) and will be announced on November 6, 2022.
The IDMP Award consists of an IOMP certificate, and additionally a short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter Medical Physics World.
Criteria for Selection:
- The recipient of the award should be a professional medical physicist holding a master’s or higher degree or equivalent, who is an active member of the relevant Medical Physics society.
- The recipient should have taken an active part in promoting medical physics, nationally and/or internationally.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of high scientific quality or made a significant professional contribution to Medical Physics in the past three years.
- It may be noted that only deserving candidates will be selected. If no one meets the requirements from the region, no award will be given.
- Nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honors Committee or the IOMP ExCom.
- The award will be widely advertised on the IOMP mailing list and website.
- Each National Member Organization (NMO) and Regional Organizations (RO) can nominate for this award. Nominations should be made by the President or Secretary General of the Organizations.
- Nominees should be full members of an IOMP NMO.
- Self-nomination will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Nominations are to be made to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC). In exceptional circumstances, nominations (eg from countries where no NMO exists) individuals can nominate a colleague directly. It is recommended that the nominating person checks with the IOMP AHC prior to submitting such a nomination.
- The nomination should include the following.
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- IOMP award form as filled out by the candidate and signed by the nominator (https://www.iomp.org/call-for-nominations/).
Nominations will be done via online google form (https://forms.gle/ch5yYw5aV8z82Bma6 ) by October 19, 2022. Submissions should be in the form of MS Word or PDF document. One medical physicist per region will be selected by the AHC to receive the award. The winners will be announced on November 6, 2022.