The IOMP is pleased to seek nominations for the IDMP Award. This award recognises excellence in Medical Physics with a particular view of promoting medical physics to a larger audience and highlighting the contributions medical physicists make
for to patient care. The IDMP Award is linked to the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) from which it takes its name. The 2023 IDMP theme is “IOMP’s 60th Anniversary: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants”
The 2023 IDMP Award will be given on the occasion of the celebration of the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) and will be announced on November 6, 2023.
The IDMP Award consists of an IOMP certificate, and additionally, a short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient of the award should be a professional medical physicist holding a master’s or higher degree or equivalent, who is an active member of the relevant Medical Physics Society.
- The recipient should have taken an active part in promoting medical physics, nationally and/or internationally.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of high scientific quality or made a significant professional contribution to Medical Physics in the past three years.
- It may be noted that only deserving candidates will be selected. If no one meets the requirements of the region, no award will be given.
- Nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honors Committee or the IOMP ExCom.
- The award will be widely advertised on the IOMP mailing list and website.
- Each National Member Organization (NMO) and Regional Organization (RO) can nominate for this award. Nominations should be made by the President or Secretary General of the Organization.
- Nominees should be full members of an IOMP NMO.
- Self-nomination will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Nominations are to be made to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC). In exceptional circumstances, nominations (e.g., from countries where no NMO exists) individuals can nominate a colleague directly. It is recommended that the nominating person checks with the IOMP AHC prior to submitting such a nomination.
- The nomination should include the following.
Nominations will be done via online Google form (https://forms.gle/A8ERAvveuhW73Wx46 ) by September 17, 2023. Submissions should be in the form of PDF document. Please upload the supporting documents. Important note: Please label the files using the nominee’s name and according to the format described below.
1. A filled/completed nomination form is available from the IOMP website. (Label the file as 01_LastName_FirstName_nomination form).
2. A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized. (Label the file as 02_LastName_FirstName_achievement).
3. A curriculum vita including all publications. (Label the file as 03_LastName_FirstName_CV).
4. A brief biographical sketch (500 words). (Label the file as 04_LastName_FirstName_biography).
One medical physicist per region will be selected by the AHC to receive the award. The winners will be announced on November 6, 2023.
More info about the Award: https://www.iomp.org/ah-information/