The IOMP is pleased to announce the IUPAP Early Career Scientist Prize in Medical Physics 2022. This award was established and funded by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) and is awarded by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) as the IUPAP affiliated International Commission for Medical Physics.
The Award will include a cash prize of 1000 Euro, an IUPAP medal and the IOMP certificate. In addition, a short biography of the Awardee will be published in Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient of the award should have a maximum of 8 years research experiences (not including maternity leave) following PhD on 1 January 2022.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of outstanding scientific quality and contributed internationally in medical physics.
- The committee may consider the achievements in the context of opportunity.
- The award may only be received one time by any individual.
- Nominee shall not be a current member of the IOMP Awards & Honors Committee or the IOMP Executive Committee.
- The award will be advertised by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) mailing list and on the organization’s website: http://www.iomp.org
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
- Nominations must be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honors Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or by individuals through their NMO. In exceptional circumstances (e.g., from countries where no NMO exists) individuals can nominate a colleague directly. It is recommended that the nominating person checks with the IOMP AHC prior to submitting such a nomination.
- All nominations should include the following documents (in PDF):
- A filled/completed nomination form available from the IOMP website. (Label the file as 01_LastName_FirstName_nomination form).
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized. (Label the file as 02_LastName_FirstName_achievement).
- A curriculum vita including all publications. (Label the file as 03_LastName_FirstName_CV).
- A brief biographical sketch (500 words). (Label the file as 04_LastName_FirstName_biography).
Nominations will be done via online google form (https://forms.gle/fGD8Kg1ZHh6fWHdbA) by April 20, 2023.
 The Award does not include any travel or conference expenses for the recipient.