Fellow of IOMP (FIOMP) – 2019
In 2013 the International Organisation for Medical Physics (IOMP) established the category of Fellow of IOMP (FIOMP). This honour aims to recognise significant activities for the international development of medical physics.
The award consists of a certificate and a pin and it bestows the right to use the designation FIOMP after their names to the awardees. A short article on each new fellow will be published in Medical Physics World
Criteria for selection:
- Fellowship will be awarded to persons who have made outstanding contributions to IOMP and its regional organisations over a significant period of time.
- Other achievements in medical physics would not be considered as primary reason for this honour.
- Potential fellows can be nominated to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours committee by Officers and Committee Chairs/Members of IOMP and its Regional Organisations.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
The nomination should include the following:
- A cover letter from the Nominator
- A brief cv of the nominee (2 pages maximum)
- A statement outlining the contributions and services the nominee has made to IOMP and its Regional Organisations
- Any other supporting documentation as deemed necessary. A list of potential referees who know the nominee could be useful but is not required.
- An email of support from one additional Officer or Committee Chair of IOMP or its Regional Organisations.
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, chair of the AHC at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Secretary General of the IOMP at email@example.com. by 10th June 2019. Submissions should be in the form of MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr. Renha or the Secretary General of the IOMP.
Call for Nominations for IUPAP Young Scientist Award in Medical Physics 2019
The IOMP is pleased to announce the IUPAP Young Scientist Award 2019. This award was established and funded by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) and awarded by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) as the IUPAP affiliated International Commission for Medical Physics. Considering that we will have the 24th International Conference on Medical Physics (ICMP), 8th Latin American Congress of Medical Physics and 2nd Chilean Congress of Medical Physics, which will be held on 8-11th September, 2019 in Santiago, Chile, IOMP decided to present the winners of the IUPAP award for both 2018 and 2019.
The Award will include a cash prize of 1500 USD, an IUPAP medal and the IOMP certificate. In addition, a short Biography of the Awardee will be published in Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient of the award should be less than 40 years as of 31 December 2018 and should have up to 5 years of research or development in medical physics.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of outstanding scientific quality in medical physics. The committee may consider the achievements in the context of opportunity.
- The award may only be received one time by any individual.
- The award will be advertised by the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) on the organization’s website: http://www.iomp.org
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
- Nominations can be made to the Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honors Committee (AHC) by IOMP National Member Organizations (NMO) or individuals through their NMO. Where this is not possible applications should be made directly to the Chair of the AHC. They should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- One letter of support (up to a maximum of three pages from someone not at the nominee’s institution and not a mentor or significant collaborator
- A Curriculum Vita including publications during the last 5 years, which not exceed two pages.
- List of 5 of the candidate’s most significant publications, including citation information, not to exceed one page.
The closing date for nominations is noon (EST) on 21 June 2019. Nominations should be sent to Dr Simone Kodlulovich Renha at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr Simone or the secretary of the IOMP at email@example.com.
The winner will be announced on 4 July 2019.
 The Award does not include any travel or conference expenses for the recipient.
Call for Nominations International Day of Medical Physics 2019 IDMP Award
The IOMP is pleased to seek nominations for the IDMP Award. This award recognises excellence in Medical Physics with a particular view of promoting medical physics to a larger audience and highlighting the contributions medical physicists make for patient care. The IDMP Award is linked to the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) from which it takes its name. The 2019 IDMP theme is “It’s a Medical Physics World!”
The 2019 IDMP Award will be given on the occasion of the celebration of the International Day of Medical Physics (IDMP) and will be announced on November 5, 2019.
The IDMP Award consists of an IOMP certificate, and additionally a short biography of the awardee will be published in the IOMP Newsletter Medical Physics World.
Criteria for selection:
- The recipient of the award should be a professional medical physicist holding a master’s or higher degree or equivalent, who is an active member of the relevant Medical Physics society.
- The recipient should have taken active part in promoting medical physics, nationally or internationally.
- The recipient should have performed original and/or applied work of high scientific quality or made a significant professional contribution to Medical Physics in the past three years.
- It may be noted that only deserving candidates will be selected. If no one meets the requirements from the region, no award will be given.
- The award will be widely advertised on the IOMP mailing list and website.
- The President of each IOMP Regional Organisation is kindly requested to nominate three medical physicists from her/his respective region. The Presidents of AAPM and COMP are kindly requested to nominate jointly three medical physicists from the North American region. Nominees should be full members of an IOMP National Member Organization (NMO).
- Self-nomination will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Nominations are to be made to the chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC)
- The nomination should include the following:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words evaluating the nominee’s achievements and identifying the specific work to be recognized.
- A Curriculum Vita including all publications and professional contributions to Medical Physics organizations.
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Simone K. Renha, Chair of the IOMP Awards and Honours Committee (AHC) at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2019. Submissions should be in the form of: MS Word or PDF document. Nominations will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours please contact Dr. Simone or the Secretary General of the IOMP at email@example.com.
One medical physicist from the three nominations per region will be selected by the AHC to receive the award.
The winners will be announced on November 5, 2019.