The AFOMP office bearers for 2019-2022 are:
President: Prof. Arun Chougule
Vice President: Prof. Eva Bezak
Secretary General: Prof Anupama Azhari
Treasurer: Prof. Kwan Hoong Ng
Chair, Science Committee: Prof. Tomas Kron
Chair, Education and Training Committee: Prof. Xiance Jin
Chair, Funding Committee: Prof. Hajime Monzen
Chair, Professional Relations Committee: Prof. Chai Hong Yeong
Chair, Awards and Honour Committee: Prof. Eva Bezak
AFOMP celebrated its 20th Anniversary during May 2020 – May 2021. On the occasion of 20th Anniversary many activities were planned and executed such as:
- A special logo was designed and circulated/used on all AFOMP communications.
- A special issue of AFOMP newsletter was brought in June 2021 which contained the history of AFOMP, and information about all the NMO’s of AFOMP.
- Articles were submitted to MPI special issue on the occasion of the 20th Anniversary of AFOMP- special issue published in March 2021.
- In the 20th anniversary year, AFOMP decided to start the AFOMP Lifetime achievement award. Thanks to Eva Bezak, Chair AHC and the members for the hard work in preparing the guidelines, application forms and assessing/evaluating the applications received very meticulously. The 2021 AFOMP Life time achievement awardee is Dr. Masahiro Endo.
- On the 20th Anniversary year, AFOMP decided to recognize and honor medical physicists from the AFOMP region who have contributed to AFOMP in medical physics education, professional development and research. AFOMP outstanding Medical physicists’ award was executed, thanks to Eva Bezak, Chair AHC and the members for the hard work in preparing the guidelines, application forms and assessing/evaluating the applications received very meticulously. Twenty-one awardees are selected, and the flyer was circulated on the AFOMP website.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the organization of AOCMP 2021 had a hard time, the congress was organised at Dhaka, Bangladesh in hybrid mode on 10-12 December 2021. Thanks to Prof Anupama Azhari and her team for the success of the AOCMP 2021.
- The Prof. Kiyonari Inamura Memorial AFOMP Orator 2021 was Prof. Tae Suk Suh.
- In order to encourage research article submission to AFOMP official journal, AFOMP has decided to award one Best Research Article Publication from AFOMP official journal every year with a cash prize and certificate. The Best Research Article Publication 2021 was awarded to Yoshiro Iko from Japan.
- AFOMP started monthly virtual webinars since June 2020 and has got a very good response. From June 2020 to May 2022, 24 virtual webinars have been successfully conducted. The webinars are accredited by ACPESM with 2 CME points per webinar. The participants are provided with certificates. Thanks to Prof Jin Xiance, Chair of ETC and Prof Chai Hong Yeong, Chair of PRC, and Ms Rajni Verma, AFOMP webmaster for their contributions.
- AFOMP started monthly virtual AFOMP school webinars since June 2021 and has got a very good response. From June 2021 to May 2022, 12 virtual AFOMP school webinars and 1 special AAPM- AFOMP school webinar were completed. The AFOMP school webinars are accredited by ACPESM with 2 CPD points per hour fetching 5-6 CPD points per AFOMP school webinar. The participants are provided with certificates. Thanks to Prof Jin Xiance, Chair of ETC, and Prof Chai Hong, Chair of PRC for their contributions.
- AFOMP celebrated IMPW2022 by encouraging AFOMP NMOs to organize virtual webinars and meetings.
- AFOMP celebrated IDMP2021 by organizing a virtual webinar on 7th November 2020.
- Shugekaju Fuduka, President of JSMP was awarded the IDMP 2021 award.
- Prof Arun Chougule, Freddy Haryanto, Xiaowu Deng were awarded the Fellow of IOMP in 2022.
- The AOCMP 2022 will be held in Taipei, Taiwan on 10-12 December 2022, preparations are currently in full swing.
- C.V Saraswathi-A.N Parameswaran AFOMP Best PhD award was started in 2021. Dr. Wonjoong Cheon from the National Cancer Center, Seoul, South Korea was the awardee in 2021.
- P.N Krishnamoorthy Memorial AFOMP Young Achiever Award was started in 2021. Dr. Ying Song from China was the awardee in 2021.
- An MOU between EFOMP and AFOMP was signed on 2nd April 2022 to foster closure collaboration for medical physics education, as well as development of professional and scientific activities.
- Professor Sung Sil Chu AFOMP Best Student’s Publication Award was started in 2021. Dr. Hemlattha Athiaman, India was the awardee in 2021.
- AFOMP has started one more award in 2022 titled “ Dr Udipi Madhvantah memorial AFOMP PhD award in Radiobiology”
- AFOMP, one of the largest and vibrant RCB of IOMP is following the guidelines of IOMP and implementing the programs of IOMP in the AFOMP region.
- Four members from the AFOMP region got elected to IOMP EXCOM 2022-25. They are Eva Bezak – Vice President, Arun Chougule – Chair of ETC, Kwan Hoong Ng – Chair of AHC, and Chai Hong Yeong – Chair of Medical Physics World Board. Congratulations!
- AFOMP constituted a task force to device a Masters of Medical Physics syllabus for the AFOMP region and the final report will be published soon.
- AFOMP website is updated frequently to disseminate relevant information to its members.
- The AFOMP EXCOM members are working very sincerely to fulfill the aspirations of AFOMP and to achieve the objectives of AFOMP.
Prof. Arun Chougule